Yields: 8 servings – serving size: 1 cup – fat 3g – calories:170 – carbs:16g
This is a quick, easy, yet delicious low calorie chicken noodle soup! Taking advantage of a supermarket’s rotisserie chicken makes this recipe only 30 minutes!
» Show more
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1lb) cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 medium stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups low fat chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup whole wheat egg noodles
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- In a medium skillet, add oil and chicken to med-high heat, cook chicken until almost thoroughly cooked.
- In a medium-large pot (at least 3 quarts) add chicken and all the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. let boil for 15 min. Turn off heat and allow to simmer for 5-6 min. Add crackers on top if desired. Enjoy!
» Show less