Our Revamp Fitness’ lean version of the classic Italian dish uses ground turkey as leaner, low-calorie alternative to ground beef. Nutritious garnishes like minced onions, parsley, and red pepper flakes give these meatballs a spicy kick with a host of health benefits. After trying one of these warm, chewy balls, your taste buds will be surprised this recipe is both delicious and easy on your waistline!
These meatballs are the ultimate companion to whole-grain spaghetti noodles or pasta, and will forever put an end to fatty, lackluster spaghetti dinners!
Yields: 6 servings – serving size: 2 meatballs – calories:260 – fat: 10g
» Show more
- Meatballs: 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- Marinera Sauce:
- 1 (24oz) jar marinera sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Mix all the meatball ingredients (except ground turkey). Add the meat and incorporate into the ingredients with your hands. Roll into 12 (1 1/2 inch) meatballs and place on a nonstick or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 min. Turn the meatballs over and bake an additional 10 min, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, pour marinara sauce and crushed red pepper into a saucepan. Cook on the stove top over low heat until simmering. Add cooked meatballs. Garnish with parsley and onions. Enjoy!
» Show less